New Worship Time is at 9:00 am
New Email Address
Please email the Grace church office at email@example.com.
The stewardship committee along with the council are pleased to announce the introduction of an electronic option for making regular offerings. For anyone interested in moving to electronic giving, here is the link to our electronic giving page.
If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Scott or Jocie Moeller.
To Dave & Nancy Foelske on their 50th wedding anniversary. They will be having a Open House in the fellowship hall tomorrow afternoon beginning at 2:00 pm. May you enjoy many more years of wedded bliss.
Grace Lutheran Church Outdoor Worship and Fall Picnic
Will be held on Sunday, September 16 on the parsonage yard. The worship service will begin at 10:00 am with the picnic to follow. Please bring plates, silverware, and lawn chairs for your family and also a dish or two to share with everyone! The fellowship committee will provide the hog, buns, fixins, along with water or lemonade to drink.
The Mission Cross items for September is Baking Products. Flour, sugar, brown sugar powdered sugar, PAM, cooking oils, etc. for “His Hands Food Pantry” in Oran. Thank you for your donations.
- Four 70-sheet notebooks of wide or college-ruled paper approximately 8”x101/2”; no loose-leaf paper
- One blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- One 30-centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
- one pencil sharpener
- five new, unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers-secure together with a rubber band
- one eraser approximately 2 1/2” long
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
- one box of 16 or 24 crayons
- one sturdy cloth bag provided by the Grace WELCA. (Please remove any excess packaging and pack items in the bag, fold the handles over, and secure with two large rubber bands or tie with yarn. Do not enclose the kit or any of its contents in plastic bags.
Grace Annual Church Supper
Is scheduled for Sunday, Septem- ber 23rd. The supper is a significant outreach of the congregation and are asking those who feel passionate about the supper to volunteer to serve on the Church Supper committee. Please call or come to the church office if you are willing to volunteer.
- Sept. 2
- 9:00 a.m., Worship/Communion
- 2:00 p.m., 50th Wedding Anniversary Open House for Romaine & Helen Lee in the fellowship hall
- Sept. 3
- 2:00 p.m., 50th Wedding Anniversary Open House for Dave & Nancy Foelske in the fellowship hall
- Sept. 4
- 8:00 a.m., Quilting
- 10:30 a.m., TN Home Bible study
- Sept. 5
- 1:30 p.m., Lydia circle @ church
- 5:30 p.m., Congregational meal
- 6:30 p.m., Worship service
- 7:10 p.m., Bell Choir
- Sept. 6
- 12:00 p.m., Quilting
- Sept. 9
- 9:00 a.m., Contemporary/Communion
- 6:30 p.m., Church council
We would like to thank everyone for the thoughts, prayers, cards, and memorials for my mother, Darleen Watson. All your kindnesses have been deeply appreciated. God Bless. –Rich & Annita Rettig
The annual men’s
Grill out/potluck will be Saturday, September 15, 2018. It will be held at Jim Rathe’s house (605 1st Street SE) at 5:30 pm. Meat will be provided and a freewill offering will be taken. You should bring a potluck dish, drinks, and plates, etc. All men of the church are invited to attend, along with their spouse or guest. Please reserve your spot by calling the church office or contacting Jim Rathe (319) 231-5749 by Wednesday, September 12. There will not be a men’s breakfast or pizza night in September.
Come on Wednesday night
For a light meal at 5:30 and a worship service at 6:30 pm.
To Romaine & Helen Lee on their 50th wedding anniversary. They will have a Open House this afternoon beginning at 2:00 pm in the fellowship hall. May you enjoy many more years of wedded bliss.