There are many opportunities to become involved with Grace Lutheran Church and its various ministries.
Maybe you would like to participate in the worship service by serving as a greeter, usher or communion assistant. Or perhaps you would prefer to serve by doing such things as baking communion bread, helping with mailings, or preparing food for special meals.
Those with unique abilities and skills are welcomed too. We encourage you to share your gifts for teaching, playing musical instruments, sewing, doing arts and crafts, helping with construction/building, etc. with Grace and its members.
Please contact the church office at email@example.com or call us at 319-882-3579 for ways where you can serve the church and its members.
There are many needs beyond the church walls that Grace and its members support. A few of these are:
- Collecting grocery items each month for the Helping Hand food bank in Oran.
- Participating in God’s Work, Our Hands Sunday doing service work in the Tripoli community.
- Providing cleaning supplies and assistance to families who have experienced flooding in their homes through the Northeast Iowa Synod’s Disaster Relief program.
- Sponsoring Tripoli’s chapter of the Cub Scouts (Boy Scouts of America).
Watch for ways to contribute to efforts like these when announced on the church calendar, in the monthly newsletter, the Sunday bulletin, and Grace in Tripoli Facebook page.
We also welcome your support of our various mission projects. Some of our current efforts include:
- Sewing and tying mission quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
- Working with the Sunday School children to buy a cow for a family in Africa through the ELCA’s Good Gifts program.
- Collecting school supplies for school kits and hygiene items for personal care kits for Lutheran World Relief.
Watch for ways to contribute to efforts like these when noted in the Announcements page on this website, on the church calendar, in the monthly newsletter, the Sunday bulletin, and the Grace in Tripoli Facebook page.
We are always in need of volunteers. Volunteers to assist with worship. Volunteers to teach our children and youth. Volunteers to visit our shut-ins. Volunteers to help with meals and kitchen activity.
If you have any questions or suggestions about volunteering your assistance, please call us 319-882-3579 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.