Kathy Duffus's Chopped Chickpea Salad
This has become one of Kathy and my favorite salads. It can be pretty much infinitely varied by substituting other canned beans for the chickpeas, and whatever greens are available.
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- One 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6-8 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced
- 4 scallions or green onions, thinly sliced
- A large handful of arugula or other chopped greens
- A small handful of finely chopped dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Whisk together the mustard, and vinegar. Slowly whisk the olive oil to make a thick dressing.
Add the chickpeas, radishes, cucumber, scallions, and chopped greens. Gently stir together, and season to taste with salt and pepper. gently stir in the feta. let the salad sit at room temperature for up to 3 hours or over night in the refrigerator. (Serve at room temperature).